Followers

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Walrus July 26th

Three questions:
Should I?
Could I?
Would I?
Take a prenatal vitamin?

These particular supplements don't seem to contain any ingredients that would compromise my testosterone levels. They contain very healthy and common vitamins such as Calcium, Iron, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Beta-Carotene, and don't forget Niacin (almost 104% of the daily value suggested for pregnant or lactating women). However I am not a pregnant or lactating woman. I am a very manly man with lots of man characteristics, man habits, and man...things. So why should I be affraid? But one begs to ask the question: "Why weirdo, why?"

I thought to educate myself by calling the 1800 number on the back of my wife's generic brand prenatal vitamins (which don't contain omega 3s, those I enjoy with my wife in the form of a chewable.)

But alas it is Sunday and all associates are Sabbathing apparently. I like to challenge myself in strange ways that cause society to raise eyebrows. For example: Why not face everyone on the elevator instead of facing the door? Why not quote 1st Timothy 6:10 to your corporate district manager saying: "I know my stores sales are down Mike, but don't you remember the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil?" Why not discuss Ina May Gaskin's Sphincter law with a southern baptist? Why not dance to the Jackson Five in your grandma's guest room? And why not be so thoroughly and exhaustively excited about your unborn daughter coming into the world that you know words like: Placenta, and episiotomy? Why not know the correct pronunciation of midwifery? Why not make up superhero nicknames for your wife like: "The amazing Oxytona?" Why not?

Of course I'm not advocating foolishness for foolishness sake. But I might throw up if I had to go play golf instead of going to birthing class with my wife. So am I a weirdo?
Yep!

Also I apologize for my grammar. If you've ever seen the movie Finding Forester you know that according to Sean Connery's character you have to write from your heart first and then go back and correct. Well I'm too lazy to edit, good luck.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your levels have not normalized in the past 9 years. Just, please promise me you won't eat the placenta.

    That's just gross, sir.

    ReplyDelete